TranSystems announces its newest company partners. These appointments recognize professionals who have made outstanding contributions to the company’s success and growth, have demonstrated in-depth industry knowledge and have proven the ability to work effectively across the organization.
These individuals were nominated and accepted by TranSystems’ Board of Directors into new leadership positions and owners within the company.
Professionals recognized include:
- Ashok Athalye, PE, in the Lake Forest, Calif., office is a highly respected bridge design specialist with expertise in the seismic design of bridges located in high seismic zones. He joined TranSystems in July 2016 as part of a merger with his firm Athalye Consulting Engineering Services, which he founded in 1991.
- Paul Hentschke in the Kansas City, Mo., office has 20 years of experience in rail design and operations. He is an experienced client manager and project manager working on several track design and rail capacity improvement projects.
- Richard Markwith, PE, in the Atlanta office has 32 years of experience in the transportation industry. He has designed and managed highway and bridge projects for state DOTs, toll agencies, and transit agencies throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. He currently leads the company’s largest market sector, which serves state DOTs, tollways and municipalities. He also leads sales in both the Northeast and Southeast regions.
- Greg Murphy, PE, in the Columbus, Ohio, office has 17 years of project delivery and operations/management experience. He currently is senior vice president for the States and Municipalities Market Sector, responsible for developing strategic direction and growing the practice serving state DOTs, tollways and municipalities, with primary focus on the Great Lakes and Central U.S. He also serves as the regional vice president for the Great Lakes East region.
- Tim Rock in the Jacksonville, Fla., office rejoins TranSystems as regional vice president for the Southeast region of TranSystems, which includes 10 offices in five states. He is reinstated as a principal with the company.
- Ayman Salama, PhD, PE, in the Santa Ana, Calif., office is currently a senior vice president in the Santa Ana office and regional vice president for the West region overseeing five offices in both northern and southern California. He has 28 years of experience specializing in engineering management and structural analysis/design of highway and rail bridges.
- Bruce Anderson, PE, in the Houston office has more than 38 years of railroad engineering experience, including design of main, yard, terminal and industrial tracks, rail operations planning and analysis, track condition assessments and construction management for new construction and track upgrades.
- Chris Bonus, PE, in the Chicago/Schaumburg, Ill., office has 25 years of extensive knowledge and experience in the design and project management of large, complex highways and roadway facilities. He manages some of the company’s largest roadway design projects for a wide variety of clients.
- James Hyland, PE, in the Kansas City, Mo., office has 22 years of structural engineering and project management experience specializing in railroad bridges.
- Michael Lev, PE, in the Chicago office has 20 years of project management and engineering experience with expertise in roadway and transit engineering, operations analysis, and design for multimodal transportation facilities and transit stations.
- Andy Cheah, PE, in the Lake Forest, Calif., office is a recognized practice leader in the transportation consulting industry having worked for over 26 years in Southern California. He joined TranSystems in July 2016 as part of the merger with Athalye Consulting Engineering Services.
- Jeffrey Lackey, PE, in the Wichita, Kan., office has more than 15 years of experience in design engineering for highways, bridges and municipal work.
- Ken Loncharich, PE, QSD/P, in the Lake Forest, Calif., office has more than 20 years of transportation design and construction experience. He joined TranSystems in July 2016 as part of the merger with Athalye Consulting Engineering Services.
- Andy Nicol, AICP, in the Orlando, Fla., office has 15 years of experience in the transportation and transit consulting fields. His expertise includes public transportation planning and analysis, intermodal transportation planning, and mobility/transportation demand management.
- Thomas Stuopis, PE, in the Boston office has more than 33 years of bridge engineering experience, covering a wide range of complex bridge structures. Andy Cheah in the Lake Forest, Calif., office
- Ian Biava, PE, in the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., office has 25 years of experience in roadway design, project and program management, and innovative project delivery. He joined TranSystems in 2013 adding highway and traffic design services to its South Florida capabilities.
- Sara Clark, PE, in the Kansas City, Mo., office is a vice president with 16 years of experience in transportation planning and engineering. She leads the Midwest multimodal planning team. She is an experienced project manager with experience leading several significant multi-discipline projects.
- Richard Dorr, RPLS, in the Houston office is the regional survey team leader covering Southeast Texas. He has 35 years of experience in land surveying working across the state of Texas and across multiple transportation market sectors.
- Slade Engstrom, PE, PTOE, in the Wichita, Kan. office is a team leader for the Wichita design team with 17 years of experience. He is an experienced project manager and project engineer with a wide range of transportation projects.
- Barbara Frost, PE, in the St. Louis office has 20 years of experience in writing and reviewing Alternatives Analyses, Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements for highway and transit projects.
- David Hoff, PE, in the Jacksonville, Fla., office has more than 20 years of experience with TranSystems and is a project manager, area leader and bridge team leader for the Jacksonville Office.
- Brian Misiora, PE, in the Chicago/Schaumburg, Ill., office has 12 years of experience in both freight and passenger railroad projects. He has served as design manager on several large intermodal projects as well as an experienced project manager.
- Allene Rieger, PE, in the Boston office is a senior civil engineer with 16 years of experience in rail design, drainage design, permitting, and site development. She has worked on a wide variety of freight and passenger rail projects throughout her career, from small industry projects to large commuter projects and intermodal terminals.
- Todd Thalmann, PE, in the Kansas City, Mo., office is a division leader and project manager with 32 years of special expertise in highway and urban street design, as well as roundabout design.
- Andy Valente in the Orlando, Fla., office has 27 years of experience in 3D modeling, rendering and animation for architecture and engineering applications. He provides expertise on projects and pursuits providing clients the best visualizations of their facilities.
- Eric Wooley, PE, in the Orlando, Fla., office has more than 23 years of experience in the management and design of transportation projects.
These promotions are part of an annual process determined by the firm’s partner performance and development committee, a committee formed in 2003 to refine the company’s leadership development standards by identifying a process for selecting future leaders and owners.