Efficiency and innovation are at the core of TranSystems' Transportation Demand Management (TDM) division. From ridesharing to cycling to shuttle facilitation, our TDM professionals make the most of your transportation network with demand management strategies and technologies. We understand the transportation and mobility markets and have developed a refined process for providing an array of services to all demographics and geographic regions. We are the new face of TDM in the United States, looking to build on our award-winning TDM program based in Orlando, Fla.
TranSystems’ TDM professionals have expertise in the following areas:
- Ridesharing – From carpooling to vanpooling to bikepooling, our TDM team has proven experience in building rideshare programs from scratch.
- Transit – For both rural areas and the most metropolitan of cities, transit is a core resource for TDM to be successful. The TranSystems team can build ridership and public support for your transit system, whether you operate with 4 bus lines or have the world’s best rail service.
- Active Transportation – Health and transportation are intrinsically tied together. We know how important biking and walking are to the TDM tool kit, especially in areas where last mile connectivity is a concern. We understand that safety comes first – and we know how to balance that with encouraging people to take their first steps all over again.
In addition, our TDM professionals are certified through the Florida Bicycle Association as Cycling Savvy Instructors and have received training from FHWA on implementing Health Impact Assessments.
- Telecommute Program Consulting – Sometimes the best commute is no commute at all. For employers looking to start or enhance their telecommute program, our team can assist them with setting up a program that works for them and their team.
- Carshare and Bikeshare Program Management – Our team has experience developing, launching and marketing carshare. This experience includes working with stakeholders to build understanding and support, to developing the contractual documents, to introducing the concept to a public still firmly ensconced in their own cars. Bikeshare programs continue to evolve, and TranSystems is right at the front of the line, assisting one of the industry leaders with launching a new program in Downtown Orlando.
- Qualified Transportation Fringe Benefit Programs – If your company is considering implementing a Commuter Tax Benefit program, our TDM professionals can assess the costs and benefits of setting up a program. This is an essential step on the path to setting up a great Commuter Benefits program for your company, especially if you want to become a Best Workplace for Commuters.
- Emergency Ride Home (ERH) Programs and Incentives – We have assessed existing Guaranteed and Emergency Ride Home programs, finding what hasn’t worked and what does work. Our TDM team has created a cohesive, regional program in Central Florida that is always on (or under) budget and continually meets our clients’ expectations. In addition, we understand the role that incentives play in behavior change and are prepared to make the most out of your investments to incite the biggest mode shift.
- Social Marketing and TDM – TDM is not just about telling people to carpool or celebrating the benefits of walking to work. To flourish, it must be executed with behavior change principles as its backbone. That is why social marketing is so important – and why our TDM team is so good at what they do. We operate our programs with marketing mindsets and leave the government talk to others.